TIPS ON PREVENTING SOFT LENS RIPPING
RIP IN THE MIDDLE:
If your contact lens tears when you take it out of the case or blister pack, you probably tore the lens with your fingernail when you took it out. It might be just a partial tear and will not fully tear for a few days.
- Try spilling the solution out of the case and very gently grabbing the edge of the lens. Even very slight pressure from your fingernails can tear a lens.
- The lens may be dry on your eye when removing. Try adding a drop of artificial tear before removal
RIP ON THE EDGE:
If your contacts tear on the edge, chances are you are getting the contact lenses caught in the case when closing.
- Try putting the contact in the case first and then filling it to the point where the lens is submerged. Don't fill the case up to the top.
MAKEUP TIPS FOR CONTACT LENS WEARERS
Contact lens wear can be hindered by many factors, including one that is often overlooked: eye makeup. Here are a few tips that can lead to more successful contact lens wear.
- Avoid hair sprays and spray deodorant as the spray may go into your eyes. If you do use these products, remember that the spray lingers in the air so keep your eyes protected for a short period of time afterward.
- Put your contact lenses in before applying cosmetics to avoid getting any makeup residue on your lenses. If you do get makeup on your contacts, rinse them thoroughly.
- Use only water-based mascara and eye makeup remover labeled as hypoallergenic or for sensitive eyes. Avoid waterproof mascara as it contains mineral spirits and petroleum distillates, which are irritating.
- Choose cream eyeshadows because they do not create particle fallout like powdered shadows.
- Never apply eyeliner to the inner to the inner eyelid margins as it can cause pore blockage. Soft crayon-type pencil liners are less apt to cause flaking than liquids.
- Remove your contact lenses before using any type of makeup remover around the eyes, including soap and water.
- Carefully select makeup remover. A water-based product will help avoid the accumulation of grease around the eyes and do an excellent job of thoroughly removing water-based mascara.
We have listed below some of the more popular manufacturers and their products, which are Contact Lens compatible.
|ALMAY||Intense I-color; Amazing Lash|
|BORGHESE||Superiore / State-of-the-Art Mascara|
|CLINIQUE||Lash Power; Naturally Glossy Mascara; Long Pretty
Lashes; Lash Doubling Mascara; High Impact
|COVER GIRL||Lash Blast; Fantastic Lash; Multiplying; Lash Exact;
Pro All-in-One; Volume Exact
|ESTEE LAUDER||MagnaScopic; Illusionist Lash XL; More than Mascara|
|L'OREAL||Telescopic; Volume Shocking; Dual-Ended Feather
Lash; Carbon Black Double Extend Voluminous;
Lash Architect; Double Extend; Panoramic Curl;
Curved Brush Voluminous; Full-Definition Voluminous
|MAYBELLINE||XXL Curl Power; Sky High Curves; Super Volume'
Express; Intense XXL Volume + Length; Wonder Curl;
Lash Expansion Mascara; Define-A-Lash; Great Lash;
Illegal Lengths; Lash Discovery; Lash Stylis
|MARY KAY||Endless Performance Mascara|
|MAX FACTOR||2000 Calorie; Lash Enhancer; Stretch & Separate;
No Color/Natural; Lash Lift; Lash Perfection
|NEUTROGENA||Full volume Fortifying Mascara; Weightless Volume
|PHYSICIANS FORMULA||To Any Lengths Mascara; Plentifull Thickening Mascara;
Lash-in-a-Tube; F.L.A.T.; Exerc' Eyes
|REVLON||3-D Extreme Mascara; Lash Fantasy; Fabulash;
Luxurious Lengths Mascara
EYE PENCILS / LINERS
|ALMAY||Bring Out Eyeliner; Blendable Eye Pencil|
|BORGHESE||Eye Accents Pencil|
|CLINIQUE||Quickliner for Eyes; Cream Shaper|
|COVER GIRL||Perfect Blend; Pro-All in One; Perfect Point Plus;
Outlast Smoothwear; Brow & Eye Makers
|ESTEE LAUDER||Artist's Eye Pencil; Automatic Eye Pencil Duo|
|L'OREAL HIP||(high-intensity pigment); Lineur Intense; Pencil
Perfect; Wearinfinite; LeKohl Pencil
|MAYBELLINE||Define-A-Line; Expert Wear Soft Lining Pencil|
|PHYSICIANS FORMULA||Eye Definer Automatic Eye Pencil; Eyebrightener
Pencil; Brightening Pencil Duo
|REVLON||Brown Fantasy Pencil and Gel; Colorstay|
|ALMAY||Bright Eyes Color Cream Shadow|
|BORGHESE||Shadow Milanio Trio|
|CLINIQUE||Touch Tints; Touch Base; Pair of Shades; Colour Surge|
|ESTEE LAUDER||Pure Color Eye Shadow Duo|
|L'OREAL||Soft Effects Liquid Eye Shadow|
|NEUTROGENA||Skin Soothing Eye Tints|
|MAYBELLINE||Cool Effect Cream Eyecolor|
|PHYSICIANS FORMULA||Talc-Free Mineral Eye Shadow; Mosaic Cream Shadow;
|REVLON||Eyeglide; Colorstay; Colorstay with Soft Flex|
EYE MAKE UP REMOVERS
|ALMAY||Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover (lotion, pads or gel);
Gentle Gel Eye Makeup Remover
|CLINIQUE||Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover; Rinse-Off Eye
Makeup Solvent; Take The Day Off
|COVER GIRL||Clean Makeup Removers|
|ESTEE LAUDER||Gentle Eye Makeup Remover|
|L'OREAL||Eye Makeup Remover|
|NEUTROGENA||Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes; Oil-Free Eye
|PHYSICIANS FORMULA||Eye Makeup Remover Lotion or Pads; Vital Lash Oil
Free Makeup Remover
|POND'S||Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes|