Same day emergency appointments available for the following conditions:
Spots and / or Light Flashes inside the eye:
The conditions below cause the same symptoms. Prompt treatment is the most important factor in preventing vision loss.
- Retinal Detachment (RD) could cause blindness
- Retinal Tear which can lead to a RD
- Vitreous Detachment (totally benign)
- Migraine (with or without the headache)
Can have many different causes which require different treatments.
- Corneal abrasion
- Recurrent Corneal Erosion (pain upon awakening)
- Iritis (inflammation of the iris which is the colored part of the eye)
- Dry eye
- Different types of pink eye
Sudden loss of vision: Could be caused by:
- Retinal Detachment
- High Blood Pressure
- Vascular Disease
- Temporal Arteritis
Foreign Body Removal:
- Metal, Wood, Fiberglass, Plastic, Contact lenses
Is a geneneral term used for many conditions. The actual term is conjunctitis, which can be caused by bacteria, a virus, or an allergy. All are treated completely differently which can only be properly diagnosed by an in office evaluation.
- Bacterial conjunctivitis has a yellow discharge. The eyes are often stuck together upon awakening, It is contagious up to 48 hours after starting antibiotic eye drops, The eyes can be slightly to very red, and can feel gritty or itchy.
- Viral conjunctivitis usually has a clear watery discharge. Viral "pink eye" can be very contagious. The eyes can be slightly to very red, and it usually causes a burning feeling and light sensitivity
- Allergic Conjuntivitis has a stringy discharge. The eyes are usually only slightly red. The eyes feel itchy or gritty and it can cause light sensitivity and blurred vision
- A more serious condition that can present itself as pink eye is called Iritis, which is an inflammation inside the eye, of the iris.