Posts for category: Ophthalmology
Has it been a while since you visited the optometrist? Making time for a vision exam at the Elmhurst, IL, office of your eye doctors at Skowron Eye Care not only helps you protect your eyesight but also offers a few other benefits.
Why eye exams are so important
Vision changes are often slow and subtle. In fact, you may not even realize that your vision has gotten worse until you visit your Elmhurst eye doctor. Regular eye exams are important no matter what your age, but are particularly crucial for children. After all, without good vision, it's hard to succeed in school or sports.
Other benefits of regular checkups include:
- Prompt Detection and Treatment of Eye Diseases: In the early stages, glaucoma, macular degeneration, or other conditions and diseases may not cause any noticeable changes in your vision. When symptoms do occur, permanent damage may already have happened. If any eye diseases or conditions are spotted during your annual visit, you'll be able to receive the treatment you need to prevent vision loss.
- Identification of General Health Issues: Did you know that some diseases cause changes in your eyes. If you have diabetes, you're more likely to develop diabetic retinopathy, a condition that occurs when the blood vessels in your retina begin to leak. Leaking can lead to impaired vision that can become permanent if you don't receive treatment to seal the vessels. Other health issues that can cause obvious changes in the eyes include high blood pressure, Lyme disease, shingles, autoimmune diseases, rosacea, and liver disease.
- Strategies to Relieve Computer Vision Syndrome: Computer vision syndrome, also known as digital eyestrain, occurs when you spend too much time using computers, smartphones, tablets, and other digital devices. Symptoms include blurry vision, dry eyes, eyestrain, headaches, and neck and shoulder pain. Your optometrist can prescribe computer glasses that reduce glare and filter out blue light and offer safe viewing tips.
- Information on Eye Care Topics: Visits are the perfect time to discuss issues that affect your eyes, such as dry eye or irritation from contact lenses. If you've been having a little difficulty seeing up close as you've gotten older, your eye doctor can offer reading glasses and discuss the benefits of bifocals, trifocals, or progressive lenses if you already wear glasses or contacts.
Do you need to schedule an eye exam? Call your Elmhurst, IL, eye doctors at Skowron Eye Care at (630) 834-6244 to make an appointment.
How regular visits to your eye doctors in Elmhurst, IL, can help protect your sight
While eyesight is one of your most important assets, it is also, unfortunately, one of the most commonly ignored parts of healthcare. Do you want to protect and prolong your vision? Well, regular visits to the eye doctors here at Skowron Eye Care in Elmhurst, IL, can help accomplish just that!
The benefits of eye-care appointments
When you regularly visit your eye doctor, you can more easily discover the onset of serious eye diseases, thus creating the opportunity for better outcomes from eye diseases and conditions, such as:
- Eye allergies
- Pink eye
- Lazy eye
- Macular degeneration
- Removal of a foreign body
- Ulcers of the cornea
During your eye care visit, the eye doctors at Skowron Eye Care will use a full complement of state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and techniques to evaluate and measure:
- Depth perception
- Peripheral vision
- Problems seeing color
- Eye muscle balance
- Focus and tracking ability
- Eye pressure to diagnose glaucoma
- Hypertension symptoms in your eyes
- Bio-microscopic evaluation of the structures in your eyes
Furthermore, here at Skowron Eye Care, your eye doctors will use computer-assisted methods to determine the accurate vision prescription for you. Whether you want eyeglasses, contact lenses, or other vision correction methods, the eye doctors at Skowron Eye Care can help you see better.
To find out more about eye care services, please view the Services section on the Skowron Eye Care webpage at http://www.skowroneyecare.com/services.html.
Concerned about the health of your eyes? Give us a call!
Regular eye care visits are important—it’s also important to trust your vision to the experts. During the last 5 years, Skowron Eye Care was rated over 90% in overall patient satisfaction. You and your vision deserve to enjoy that kind of success! To learn more about protecting your eyes, call our office in Elmhurst, IL, today at (630) 834-6244.