CORONAVIRUS OFFICE MITIGATION POLICIES
We have been open throughout this pandemic providing much needed emergency care for the community, always keeping the health and safety of the patient and staff as our top priority. From the beginning, we understood that this virus will be health factor for many months to come. You can be confident that the additional measures below have been implemented to maximize mitigation of this virus while providing eyecare during this time and for the months to follow. In addition to our own strict office guidelines, We are following all CDC and public health directives.
We have and will continue to practice with the following enhanced safety measures:
- Limiting our schedule to those that need to be seen on an emergent basis.
- Other appointments are being scheduled in May
- Limiting the number of patients in the building.
- Taking temperatures upon arrival
- Hand sanitizing upon arrival
- Patients to keep any pens / contact lens cases used in the office with our compliments
- Require all patients to wear a face covering upon arrival (we can provide masks if needed)
- Staff and Doctors will be masked and gloved for the indefinite future
- Prohibit free browsing in the frame showroom (must be accompanied by an optician)
- Disinfection of all frames, ophthalmic instruments, countertops, chairs, door handles, light switches, and sink knobs, and contact lens solution bottles after each patient encounter.
- Reduced seating capacity in our waiting room to 4 chairs with at least 6 ft between
- Removal of all magazines and periodicals from the waiting area and exam rooms
- Emergency phone consultations for those not feeling well
Practicing these safety features will allow us to continue to provide safe eyecare to you and your family we all try to adjust to these unique and challenging circumstances.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this unusual time. Together we will see this through to the end.