Posts for: March, 2016
The importance of taking care of your eyes
Vision problems are common, and they can be a bit scary. You may not have thought much about taking care of your eyesight, but your vision is precious. You should do all you can to take care of your eyes. Your doctors at Skowron Eye Care, in Elmhurst, Illinois, want you to know all about the importance of taking care of your eyes.
Vision screenings are an easy and inexpensive way to make sure you are seeing as clearly as you should be. Your doctors at Skowron Eye Care offer a full range of vision screening tools, including:
- Peripheral vision and depth perception measurement
- Color vision and muscle imbalance evaluation
- Focus and eye tracking ability evaluation
- Tonometry- to measure eye pressure as it relates to glaucoma
- Bio-microscope examination- to evaluate the structures of your eyes
- Computerized auto refractor- to determine your vision prescription
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) there are nine ways you can protect your eyes:
- Get an eye exam
- Don’t smoke
- Wear sunglasses
- Clean your hands and contact lenses
- Know your family’s vision history
- Eat plenty of dark leafy greens and fish, high in omega-3 fatty acids
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Wear eye protection during sports and home activities which may be hazardous to your eyes
- Protect your eyes in the workplace
Your doctors at Skowron Eye Care want you to know the importance of caring for your eyes includes more than just vision. If you have vision difficulty, you are more likely to have diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure and are at a much higher risk for falls and injuries, according to the CDC.
It’s time to take care of your eyes. Call your doctors at Skowron Eye Care, in Elmhurst, Illinois, and make an appointment for a vision screening. Over the past five years, Skowron Eye Care in Elmhurst was rated over 90% in overall patient satisfaction. When it comes to your vision, you need to see the best. Call Skowron Eye Care today at (630) 834-6244 and find out more about the importance of taking care of your eyes!